Sat, Jun 18|
Devil's Highway - Route 666 CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER
Dare you join the members of Black Mountain Motorcycle Club for an unforgettable trip! Members Only Event. If you are not a member, go to our CONTACT US. form.
Time & Location
Jun 18, 2022, 9:00 AM – Jun 20, 2022, 4:00 PM
Apache County, Route, Arizona
About the Event
This is one of the best motorcycle rides in Arizona. Why? The scenery is gorgeous. You will gain over 5,000 feet in elevation while driving one of the twistiest road in Arizona. This winding road has more than 400 curves to hug. Devil’s Highway is US 191, Coronado Trail Scenic Byway formerly Route 666.
Join us for a 2-night trip or make it into a 1-night trip. Here's the route comparison for a 1-night option:
Fountain Hills to Globe via lake Roosevelt
- 2 hours 8 minutes/113 miles.
- Bio stop in roosevelt and lunch in Globe. Globe to Safford, AZ
- 1 hr 18 minutes/191 miles.
- Dinner in Safford Totals day 1 = 3hrs 48 mins/304 miles
Safford to Hanagan Meadow Lodge for lunch via Devils Hwy
- 3 hours/115 miles (bio stop half way) Hanagan Meadow Lodge to Indian Pine
- 1hr 39 min/80 miles
Overnight people continue to Show Low
- 25 min/16 miles. One night riders go back to Fountain Hills and home
- 3hrs/169 miles.
Totals for Show Low overnighters = 5 hrs 5 mins/211 miles
Totals for one nighters = 7 hr 40 mins/364 miles
- Saturday meet at Chevron on N. Beeline Hwy 87 west of Fountain Hills.
- Ride Captain Briefing: 8:15
- Group briefing 8:30
- First group out 8:44
- Last group out 9:00
- Up Hwy 87 to Hwy 188 to Globe. Then via AZ 70 to Safford, AZ for the night. (approx 200 miles).
- Sunday ride up Devil’s Highway 666 to Alpine, AZ for lunch.
- After lunch continue north to Springerville and Hwy 60 to Show Low for the 2nd night. (approx. 216 miles).
- Monday Return to Phoenix via Payson (approx. 180 miles).
Saturday Night Hotel:
- Best Western Plus in Stafford. Call for reservations and mention you are part of the Black Mountain Motorcycle Club – 928-348-9400. Be sure to have your name on the reservation and not BMMC. The person we’ve been working with is the General Manager – Martine, however, anyone should be able to assist you. Suggest you make your reservations at your earliest opportunity. We have arranged lower pricing of our rooms. Standard room with either King bed or two Queens priced at $101 base rate before taxes, etc. Suite with King or two Queens priced at $110 base rate. Full breakfast is included. Jacuzzi is available as well as an onsite bar for your liquid refreshments.
- Cut off for making reservations using BMMC pricing is June 6th
- Dining arrangements have yet to be determined for Saturday evening.
Sunday Route & Hotel:
- We will ride Devil’s Highway and have lunch in Alpine or another location close by.
- Those needing to work on Monday or simply wishing to make this trip a single night , may ride home anyway they wish after Sunday’s lunch. Alpine back to Phoenix (approx. 390 miles).
- We are assuming the majority of members will continue to Show Low where we will spend our second night at a Holiday Inn. Call for reservations and mention you are part of the Black Mountain Motorcycle Club – 928-537-5115 **press option 2
Hope you can join us for this iconic ride. Hosted by Stan/Carla Harlan and Wayne/Leslie Winslow.
NOTE: Ride Groups and GPX will be sent out separately. This announcement will allow you to start planning your hotel reservations.