Fri, Apr 29|
Kingman, AZ, USA
33rd Annual Route 66 Fun Run
33rd annual Fun Run to Kingman in celebration of Route 66. Hosted by Patrick & Linda Benkowski. Member Only Event. If you are not a member, go to our CONTACT US form.
Time & Location
Apr 29, 2022, 8:00 AM – May 01, 2022, 4:00 PM
Kingman, AZ, USA
About the Event
The Fun Run is a celebration of Route 66. Arizona has the best existing 160 mile stretch of route 66 from Ashfork to Topock. The Fun Run is a moving classic c https://www.mohavemuseum.org/az-route-66-museum.htmlar show that starts in Seligman on Saturday morning and breaks for the day in Kingman with a classic car display on the streets of old town Kingman. Then the second leg leaves on Sunday morning from Kingman and ends up in Topock (which is south at the California border near Hwy 40) for the awards presentation. If you don’t have to be to work Monday morning, you might want to consider going on ~ it’s really a cool ride. Anyone can enter to be in the parade and take place on the whole Fun Run, car or motorcycle. Https://www.explorekingman.com/event-66FunRun
- Rooms are being held at the Best Western Plus Kings Inn in Kingman. 30 rooms king at $105.00 and queen at $115.00 plus tax with a 48 hour cancellation policy from checck-in. The rate includes breakfast. DEADLINE TO BOOK A ROOM WILL BE APRIL 8TH! Book now, so you don't lose out as the hotel will be sold out due to the Fun Run. Yo can canel up to 48hrs to arrival. To book a room call: 928-753-6101 (ask for BMMC group block and rate).
- Friday Departure location: McDonald's at Carefree Hwy & I17.
- Friday Departure time: Arrive at 8am, Ride Captain briefing 8:00am, group briefing 8:15am, first group departure 8:30am.
- Lunch: Bonfire Restaurant in Chino ValleyFriday. PLEASE NOTE: Restaurant will take CASH ONLY. Please bring $20 cash with you for an all inclusivie great lunch! An excellent restaurant (one of the best burgers I have ever had says Patrick) with a huge paved parking lot and large banquet room for our use. $20 per person gets you a great all-exclusive lunch (choices of burger/fries, fish sandwich/fries, chef salad, vegetarian salad or chicken parm) including beverage and fruit or ice cream - tax and tip included all for $20 cash per person! Please bring cash for this pricing.
- After lunch, we’ll catch old Route 66 to Seligman, stopping in Seligman for 1/2 hour to explore this old Route 66 town full of classic cars in town for the Fun Run. From Seligman on way on Route 66 to Hackberry General Store, browse this historic store with souvenirs and cold soda pop! Arriving Kingman approximately 4:00 PM. NOTE: Riders can stay longer in Seligman Friday evening if they like, or take the quicker route of I-40 to Kingman (1 hour) to get to the hotel earlier.
- 5:30 PM Club will be hosting a Happy Hour with taco bar, salad and drinks. This event will be conveniently in our Motel conference room. Relax and enjoy without having to drive.
- 8 PM our hotel is hosting Route 66 Drive-in Movie Night at Best Western Plus Kings Inn featuring American Graffiti, free and sponsored by the City of Kingman Visitor Center.
- Saturday the Fun Run leaves Seligman, Arizona and convoys to Historic Downtown Kingman. The cars descend on Downtown Kingman around the noonish hour and becomes a massive Car Show and Festival.
- SATURDAY MORNING OPTIONS: Ride 1 hour back to Seligman on Saturday morning to watch the cars depart in parade, or go down to old town Kingman at about 9:30 AM and watch the cars arrive.
- Best Western will provide an all-day shuttle Saturday to the car show area in old town.
- There is a historic Route 66 museum in Kingman. https://www.mohavemuseum.org/az-route-66-museum.html
- There is a Handcraft brewery right on the strip called the “Rickety Cricket” in Kingman, can sit and enjoy the classic cars rolling through ~ great option for lunch or dinner Saturday night. https://www.ricketycricketbrewing.com/
- SUNDAY MORNING OPTION: Riders could follow the rest of the Fun Run route to Tupac for the awards ceremony or head home on your own.
- GPX to be provided prior to Ride Event.